- Set system mode to dark mode
- Trackpad and mouse
- Set speed
- Set tap to click on trackpad
- Enable secondary click on both
- Show bluetooth
- Show sound
- Set to show battery percentage (surprisingly not straightforward)
- Remove tags from sidebar
- Remove documents from shortcuts because I never use those
- Always open in column view. Set to use groups by default.
- MonitorControl to control monitor brightness through software. Used to use Lunar but started having trouble with it.
Spectacle for window managementSpectacle is deprecated. Rectangle for window management
- KeepassXC for managing passwords - the only solution I trust
- Dropbox for syncing keepass db file in sync
- Signal for private chats
- Chrome for development
- Firefox for private browsing
- Slack and discord for personal groups
- Notion for note keeping
- Cleanshot for screenshots. The default one sucks. This is a paid product but worth it for me as I screenshot a lot when working remote.
- Hidden bar to hide menu bar icons when you have too many
- Maccy app for clipboard management. Helpful when I have something in the clipboard and copy something else by mistake.
- Keeping you awake for when you don't want your computer to sleep. Sometimes, on work machines, the sleep settings are managed by the company
- Create a new apple account using the work e-mail address so it's separate from personal stuff
NVM to manage node versionsVolta for managing multiple versions of Node
- Install Node LTS through
NVMvolta and pin versions in any projects I am working on.
- Git, sometimes comes preinstalled
- Download and install IBM Plex Mono font family
- Set font in iterm
- Set font in vscode
- Set terminal font in vscode
- Iterm + Oh my Zsh
- VS Code - extensions synced through personal ID
At somepoint, I'll write up a
/uses list with all my peripherals and preferences.